7.09.2006

Thursday July 6, 1340, Hostel

So it's been quite a while since I've sat down and done anykind of journal entry or blog. A week and a half ago our first 1 week team came in. About 50 students, which got split up into 5 or so different teams. I didn't lead any of those teams, instead I was on an intern team, that was to do our kind of work in a park near the hostel. For the first day or two as the teams was coming in and getting set up, I spent most of the "team time" (the time the teams are out in the parks working) doing work on my computer in the hostel. The rest of the week I was able to get out of the hostel and spend some time in the park getting to meet people. During the time in the hostel with the teams, the teaching and worship times, I was usually busy doing something, either playing my drums during music, or working on someone's laptop getting a powerpoint presentation ready for later that day. Unfortunatly, being busy as I was while at the hostel, I had to use some of my time at the park just to rest. During the week, most all of the interns were at the hostel between 7 and 8 am, go throught the day (teaching, worship, onsite time, etc), and still be working at the hostel past midnight. I'd say the average time we actually got to sleep most days was between 12:30 and 1:30. It makes for a tiring week. *thus why I didn't blog anything during that week*.
I don't have any cool contact stories from the week, mostly since I wasn't on site much, but at the end of everyday we'd all get together and have a sharing celibration time, and man, some of the stories that were shared were amazing. I'll try and "Long story short" one of them. So one of the days, a team met this lady from Ghana, I think, and she was warm to hot (warm=interested, hot=seeking). They made an appointment to meet here again and to have HC with her. While this was happening, another team in a nearby city was in a store, and saw on one of the tables a book that looked like a B open, but it was in some wierd language and noone was sitting there. So fast forward a day or two, the Ghana lady met the team and they had HC, and she was very interested. The asked if she had a B, and she didn't. It's always good for people to read the B in thier heart language (native, original), so they asked what language, and she said something like "cree". None of us had even heard of that language. So they shared that evening the experiance with her in HC, cool times. The next day, The other team went back to the store where there was an open B, and guess what, the owner of the book was sitting there, so they started talking. Turns out, the language that the B was in was cree, the exact same language the Ghana woman spoke. So now, i think, someone is in the process of trying to find the store that sells the cree B so we can get the woman one to ready. I'm sure there is more to that story, but even in the basics it's pretty cool. I'm sure there's more info on it somewhere in postcardsfromedgeu.blogspot.com
So after the one weekers headed out, we had a few days of free time. On Sunday, Me, two of the Ms who live here (the one's i know from eugene), and a few other interns took a daytrip to Belgium (cause it's near by) to ride rollercoasters and eat waffles (not Belgium waffles, just waffles, cause hey, any waffle you eat in Belgium is a Belgium Waffle, right?). That day went well. It was good to get out of the ordanary and do something wierd like ride a rollercoaster. Also, in Belgium, waffles are done kinda differntly. Like the one I had, was a waffle, with strawberry jam over it, then icecream, chocolate syrup, and some powered sugar. Very good stuff! If you cant tell, waffles are more of a dessert over here. The two other random thoughts about that day. 1) When we drove into Belgium from WE, since both are in the EU, there was no boarder crossing big coutnry stop and get you passport stamped thing, i was like driving across a state line. The only way I knew that we were in Belgium was that the style of streat sign changed. 2) Being in a van driving 100 miles an hour (don't worry, it was legal) is fun! Even cooler when people were passing us at that speed.
So the last couple of day's I've just been relaxing and letting my hair down. Well, not literally letting my hair down, because I shaved it all off yesterday, but figurativly, just relaxing, sleeping. It's been a very nice break. It's almost the calm before the storm. In a few days we have another team coming in, this time numbering about 120 students or so (so yeah, more than double last week). So again, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post or anything, But I'll try to as much as I can.
Keep Pr'ing for us. For the Interns that we continue and have energy for this last month, for the M's here, they Father directs them how to lead us properly, for the 1 week teams that they are receptive to the teaching and that it be something that's not just a 1 week vacation, but the start of a new chapter in thier lives. and probably most importanly, for the people we will be meeting, that Father soften thier hearts so that they can hear what we are trying to share.
Until next time.
_Rassi

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you have been busy. Its been the same way here too. Did you get to see the pic of your neice/nephew??? We have some even cooler pics. You will have to see them when you get home. Anyway take care. See you in a few weeks.

Big Sis

2:53 AM  
Blogger Rassi said...

Yeah, saw the pic. cool stuff!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home