Tuesday, June 20, 2100, appartments
It's been pretty busy lately. The first team arrives sometime tomorrow, so all the interns are running around like chickens with thier heads cut off. Not really, it's actually quite organized, it just looks like chaos. This first week I'm not leading a team, but doing some logistical stuff, including working with computers. I'll journal more about that when I know more specificly what I'm doing.
So I just now got to typing out the last journal entry that I wrote 4 days or so ago. As I wrote about the idea to minister to the deaf here in K somehow (and since the postcard got messed up so it's hard to tell what I was saying), i thought i'd clear up some things here. Here in K, while it is true that we are planting Cs, it's kinda differnent that the traditional model. Using the analogies that they've been teaching us with farming analogies. The work is centered around the 4 seasons of the harvest. Plowing is the prep, the pr over an area, person, or what not. This is an on going thing, that is really needed in an area like K, where any mention of the C is brushed off since they've been burned by fake copies of the true thing. It's almost like the harvest field has been turned into a parking lot (seed fallen on the pathway), and we are taking a jackhammer to it to get it to start turning back into a field. Next is sowing the seed. LIke it says in John, the seed is the gosple, and the sower sows the sead. We get into conversations, but we dont actually plant the sead unless we turn the conversation around to spiritual matters. Reaping is the point the harvest is ready to take place, when the person is ready to surrender thier life. This is kinda differnt method here than in other parts of the world. Here, using farming analogy, we are usually not harvesting something like wheat, where we harast much at one time (like at a revival), instead, it's more like harvesting fruit, where we take it slow, one at a time, at just the right time, so it's not to ripe, but not spoiled either. Then, one the fruit is picked, it's time for the vintaging process, the teaching and training time. All this is with the hope of creating muliplication. We may only see a few fruit harvested this summer, but the process of multiplication is one that starts off slow, but one it build, it takes off. The ever clasical example of two people who get hired for the same job, one is offered 50 dollars a day for one month, the other is offered 1 penny for the first day, 2 for the second, 4 for the thind, and then each day the ammount is doubled. Well, at the end of the month, the addition person has $1500, the multiplicatoin guy has $5,368,709.12, and that is what we are doing this summer, initiating multiplication.
I'm trying to cram a few week of teaching into one blog, so there is alot more to all of this, but this is the basic idea. To go back to what I said in my last blog about finding a deaf person to mentor, when I leave in 6 weeks, they are still going to be there. With Father, that is more than enought time to start a C here in K. So when I mention vintaging one person, it would be getting them into a place where they are able to start thier own C. May sound hard, start a C with very little training... Find a book called "Organic C" by Niel Cole (part of what this is based off of). Amazing things can happen if we are open to it.
The other thing about me vintaging with a deaf person here in K is that, what little sign language I know, isn't this countries sign language, it's completely differnet (at least enought that I didn't recoginze anything on top of the dom), and I dont know this countries navitive tounge exempt enought to order dinner. It there is a contact made, it will be, 100% beyond the shadow of any kind of doubt Father's doing, because the who what where of it all is so completly beyond me to do anything. Which is cool since He'd be the one to get all the glory thought that!
Other than some deep stuff that's been going through my head, the regular stuff has still been going on. The two guys we met playing baseball... well they came by the next day, Sunday (which happened to be my 20'th birthday, yay!). We had a grillin at the park we've been at, which was very cool. Anyway, these two baseball guys showed up and we just got to hang out and eat. Well, myself and two intern gals got to talk with one of the guys about C and some of our beliefs, and later (i'm long story-shortening this), some other gals invited him to start reading Matthew with us, which he accepted. We were supposed to meet in the park yesterday or today, but he's in school so that might not be the easiest thing for him to make. But I'm still plowing and hoping he starts reading.
So I just now got to typing out the last journal entry that I wrote 4 days or so ago. As I wrote about the idea to minister to the deaf here in K somehow (and since the postcard got messed up so it's hard to tell what I was saying), i thought i'd clear up some things here. Here in K, while it is true that we are planting Cs, it's kinda differnent that the traditional model. Using the analogies that they've been teaching us with farming analogies. The work is centered around the 4 seasons of the harvest. Plowing is the prep, the pr over an area, person, or what not. This is an on going thing, that is really needed in an area like K, where any mention of the C is brushed off since they've been burned by fake copies of the true thing. It's almost like the harvest field has been turned into a parking lot (seed fallen on the pathway), and we are taking a jackhammer to it to get it to start turning back into a field. Next is sowing the seed. LIke it says in John, the seed is the gosple, and the sower sows the sead. We get into conversations, but we dont actually plant the sead unless we turn the conversation around to spiritual matters. Reaping is the point the harvest is ready to take place, when the person is ready to surrender thier life. This is kinda differnt method here than in other parts of the world. Here, using farming analogy, we are usually not harvesting something like wheat, where we harast much at one time (like at a revival), instead, it's more like harvesting fruit, where we take it slow, one at a time, at just the right time, so it's not to ripe, but not spoiled either. Then, one the fruit is picked, it's time for the vintaging process, the teaching and training time. All this is with the hope of creating muliplication. We may only see a few fruit harvested this summer, but the process of multiplication is one that starts off slow, but one it build, it takes off. The ever clasical example of two people who get hired for the same job, one is offered 50 dollars a day for one month, the other is offered 1 penny for the first day, 2 for the second, 4 for the thind, and then each day the ammount is doubled. Well, at the end of the month, the addition person has $1500, the multiplicatoin guy has $5,368,709.12, and that is what we are doing this summer, initiating multiplication.
I'm trying to cram a few week of teaching into one blog, so there is alot more to all of this, but this is the basic idea. To go back to what I said in my last blog about finding a deaf person to mentor, when I leave in 6 weeks, they are still going to be there. With Father, that is more than enought time to start a C here in K. So when I mention vintaging one person, it would be getting them into a place where they are able to start thier own C. May sound hard, start a C with very little training... Find a book called "Organic C" by Niel Cole (part of what this is based off of). Amazing things can happen if we are open to it.
The other thing about me vintaging with a deaf person here in K is that, what little sign language I know, isn't this countries sign language, it's completely differnet (at least enought that I didn't recoginze anything on top of the dom), and I dont know this countries navitive tounge exempt enought to order dinner. It there is a contact made, it will be, 100% beyond the shadow of any kind of doubt Father's doing, because the who what where of it all is so completly beyond me to do anything. Which is cool since He'd be the one to get all the glory thought that!
Other than some deep stuff that's been going through my head, the regular stuff has still been going on. The two guys we met playing baseball... well they came by the next day, Sunday (which happened to be my 20'th birthday, yay!). We had a grillin at the park we've been at, which was very cool. Anyway, these two baseball guys showed up and we just got to hang out and eat. Well, myself and two intern gals got to talk with one of the guys about C and some of our beliefs, and later (i'm long story-shortening this), some other gals invited him to start reading Matthew with us, which he accepted. We were supposed to meet in the park yesterday or today, but he's in school so that might not be the easiest thing for him to make. But I'm still plowing and hoping he starts reading.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home